Taylor

Taylor
She is why I'm busy

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feed your face - update

So, I am half way through the first week of the "4 weeks to gorgeous skin" and I think I can already tell a difference!!  Although my face is still very oily, I don't seem to have to sop it up quite as often.  My make up is actually lasting about half the day. (as opposed to 2 hours like before). 

I didn't do well on the food intake the first day.  It was tough getting used to eating that way, plus I still had to do some shopping.  (I know, my house wasn't already filled with fruits and vegetables??)  By day two, I had it down!!  And I have to tell you.....just eating the required food on the list keeps you full all day.  There isn't much room for anything else.  I am pretty sure I am going to lose weight while doing this, which would be a BIG PLUS!!!!  I'll weigh myself at the end of the week and let you know.

Just thought I'd share my progress so far.  Here is a recipe I used this week to help me get in two servings of protein and two servings of vegetables in one meal.  It was all natural and tasted good.  (Plus, super easy!!)

Basic Chili - Serves 6 to 8

1 pound ground meat, browned and drained
4 (15 ounce) cans organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, diced
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 large (29-ounce) can organic diced tomatoes, drained
1 (15 ounce) can organic tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 whole jalapeno peppers

Use a 6-quart slow cooker.  Put the browned meat, beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Tabasco, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.  Stir to combine.  DO NOT CUT JALAPENOS, but instead place them on top of the beans and meat for a nice mellow smoky heat.  Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours.  EASY!!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention, if you want an extra kick in the chili, replace the chili powder with cayenne pepper!

    ReplyDelete