Taylor

Taylor
She is why I'm busy

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Transform you face - Update

Well, I don't have Cate Blanchett's skin yet....not even close, but I have hope.  The two pimples that I still had from last week are finally disappearing, but one is definitely leaving a red mark.  CRAP!  Plus, I have one new one almost right between my eyebrows, one next to my nose and another at the corner of my mouth.  How lovely is that!! As far as the daily exfoliating goes, I should have bought new pads.  I don't think the ones I had leftover from almost a year ago have the same strength.  They're a little dry, so I wet them with a bit of water before applying each morning.  My face is redder and seems much more sensitive right now.  If I wipe my face too hard, it leaves a red mark for about 10 minutes.  It feels tighter, but not dry.

I've had a little trouble keeping up with the healthy eating.  I just can't seem to get those vegetables in!!  Plus, it is so darn expensive.  I have to shop about 2 times a week to keep up with the fresh fruit and veggies.  Plus, when I decide to cook a recipe, I almost always have to buy some of the ingredients.  I need to be a bit more organized with my planning and then that part should get easier.

I couldn't help it and ended up weighing myself early.  I won't share the results yet, since weight fluctuates so much from day to day, but lets just say, it looks very promising!!

This next recipe sounds delicious and I am hoping it will help me get those vegetables in.  I'm going to try it tonight!


Feta chicken with Greek vegetables - Serves 4

1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
2 whole bone-in, skinless chicken breasts, split crosswise.
1 medium Spanish onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 plum tomatoes, quartered
1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups fresh spinach
1/4 cup crumbled lowfat feta
2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
4 whole-wheat pitas, warmed

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Blanch asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.  Drain stalks and plunge in a bowl of ice water.  Drain again and pat dry; set aside.  Heat oil in a 6 - 8 quart heavy-bottomed ovenproof pot over medium-high heat.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pot.  Cover and cook, turning once, until slightly brown, 5 - 8 minutes.  Stir in onion and garlic; replace lid and cook until soft, 4 minutes.  Stir in tomatoes and eggplant.  Replace lid, place pot in oven and cook until eggplant is tender, about 18 minutes.  Remove pot from oven and stir in asparagus and spinach; sprinkle with feta.  Replace lid and let rest 15 minutes.  Stir in oregano and season with salt and pepper.  Serve by placing a piece of chicken on top of the vegetables and the pita on the side.

1 comment:

  1. Remember your face has to go through purging the bacteria and so your going to get more blemishes before they start to disappear. Keep up the good work! I am trying to eat the way you do but focusing on fiber, I just hope I have good results on the scale as you did.

    ReplyDelete