Taylor

Taylor
She is why I'm busy

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week 4 - Minimize your wrinkles

Tough, tough week!  It was so busy that we ended up eating out a lot.  Three times at the fast food restaurants.  Bad, bad me!  Didn't get much exercise in AND two different nights, I fell asleep before washing my face.  But despite being pretty bad this week, I still only got one pimple and lost almost a pound!!  I am down EXACTLY 8 POUNDS for the three weeks.  The new pimple I got is small and I don't think it will develop into a honker, but the huge one that I've had between my eyes for two weeks is worse than ever.  I definitely am going to get back on track this week and start the fourth and final week of the challenge.

By now the only thing left to contend with may be a few pesky lines.  Surprisingly, some of the latest cures come in a bottle - not a syringe - and can be used in the morning and at night in place of your moisturizer or cream.  These are topical solutions that mimic the effects of injectables, albeit not as dramatically.  Dr. Brandt Crease Release ($150; drbandtskincare.com) contains a gamma-aminobutyric acid complex that has the power to relax your facial muscles so they can't contract and form creases; Dr. Loretta Youth Fill Deep Wrinkle Filler ($45; drloretta.com) features potent hydrators, like hyaluronic acid and urea, that draw moisture deep into skin, helping to plump it up; and Olay Regenerist Filling + Sealing Wrinkle Treatment ($19; at drugstores) has silicone to fill in and camouflage lines on contact.

I'll be using the Olay Regenerist in the morning since that is more in my price range.  I will not be using it at night since there is NO WAY I am replacing the Chanel cream until I totally run out and am unable to get new samples.  I have been taking pictures of my face and plan to show the 4 week progression at the end.  Wish me well for this last week!!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the results.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't want to just camouflage wrinkles you want to treat them. Try prevera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is prevera?? Prescription or over the counter?

    ReplyDelete